Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello all I am new to this board have to say nice site you guys have here. I'm a newbie when it comes to linux but right now I am ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Using wget to download contents of entire ftp directory?

Hello all I am new to this board have to say nice site you guys have here. I'm a newbie when it comes to linux but right now I am building a LFS so I can learn more about the inner workings of linux and create a custom build to suit my needs. Which brings me to the question I have for you. I'm trying to get the package sources I need from the ftp server but there are too many files to download them individually. Is there a way to download the entire contents of a directory using wget? If so what commands do I use to achieve this? Here is the directory I need to download: http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/lfs/lfs-packages/6.3/
    Also is wget the best program to use for this purpose or is there another program that works better? -Thanks for your time

Linux Guru
    wget -r is what you need.

But to download everything might not be necessary I guess. If you have a list that you can save on a plain text file, you can use -i to download all the files in the list

Just Joined!
    ok thank you I will give that a try.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close