Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using MySQL Administrator version 1.2.12 from the GUI Tools 5.0 and cannot get my service started when attempting to connect. I am trying to use putty ssh to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

MySQL Administrator Problem

I am using MySQL Administrator version 1.2.12 from the GUI Tools 5.0 and cannot get my service started when attempting to connect. I am trying to use putty ssh to back up a database. When I try to connect, after typing in my password in Administrator, I receive:

"Either the server service or the configuration file could not be found. Setup variables and service sections are there for disabled."

If this is an RTFM issue, I have RTFMed three times and I probably have a better chance of speaking Mandarin tomorrow than I do from figuring out the problem.

If you could tell me what's going on or give me the direct link in the manual, I would greatly appreciate it!

Question check the logs

Before you memorize the MySQL manual, I would suggest that you check the sql system logs. I am sure you will find much more details about the error and that would give you a much better fighting chance. If you find any interesting info in the error log, you may want to post it so that other's can also take a look at it. That's always the first source to start with.

Good Luck