Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm new to Linux and not very computer friendly. Have just installed Freespire on an old laptop to try it out, it installed perfectly first time the only things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Moneymanager

Hi, I'm new to Linux and not very computer friendly. Have just installed Freespire on an old laptop to try it out, it installed perfectly first time the only things that needed adjusting were the sound and touch pad settings. The laptop that it is installed on has not got access to the net, but I can download from the web on another laptop and the transfer files to the Freespire Laptop.
    I have downloaded KArchiver and installed it and it seems to work ok.
    What I want to do is install Money Manager, I have downloaded the linux version and dragged it into KArchiver to install it, the files are the following :-

control.tar.gz
    data.tar.gz
    debian-binary

When I try to install these files it comes up with "cannot find script error",

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi there! Welcome to the forums!

Have you read the welcome message for new users? There's a link in there that provides instructions on installing software in linux. Have a look through it and try it out. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to reply here.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode