Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just installed Audacious for Pclinux 2007, it seems to work fine, with one exception! Its not playing the full length of the file, it seems to only be a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Audacious question?

I just installed Audacious for Pclinux 2007, it seems to work fine, with one exception! Its not playing the full length of the file, it seems to only be a problem with short files, I have a bunch of soundbites from a tv show, and it would cut them off before they are done. With actual songs, it seems ok! Oh and I should add that the songs are mp3 and the sound bites are wav, in case that makes a difference. Any body else experience this problem and is there a way to fix it!

I like Audacious, it looks alot like WinAmp, but I think it has some more features!

XMMS, which Audacious is indirectly based on, was considered to be a lot like Winamp, so you are getting that.

I had the problem that you're mentioning with OGG files a while back. Basically, it buffered the file, but there was a bug that caused it to not clear the buffer at the end, so the last buffered piece was never played.

I'd suggest trying to update your audacious-plugins package, to see if that helps. Otherwise, not sure what to tell you: maybe check the Audacious bug tracker to see if this is a known issue.