Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Iam using Eclipse 3.2 and Java 1.4 version. I want to run shell scripts from Eclipse. Can any help me please......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Running shellscripts in Eclipse

Hello

Iam using Eclipse 3.2 and Java 1.4 version.
    I want to run shell scripts from Eclipse.

Can any help me please...

Why would you want to do this? Eclipse is an IDE. It's useful for writing and debugging code. Shell scripts are almost always executed from the command line. I suppose you could write a shell script in Eclipse but that seems like complete overkill to me when a simple text editor would work just fine. So, why do you need to execute shell scripts from Eclipse instead of from the command line?

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply...
    Usually i will change the source code continously in eclipse itself(java), but we need to make build using shell/bash script and create rpm for that module/code.
    I can go out to command line execute but to increase productivity i am looking for better options in eclipse itself...

can you please help me out.

Well, I know that there are at least 2 out there: ShellEd (You can find that at SourceForge.net) and Wicked Shell (At wickedshell.net). Both are plugins for Eclipse, though I think Wicked Shell is just a link from within the VM to your system shell while ShellEd is for writing and checking shell scripts within the IDE.

I understand needing the functionality of seeing/checking the interaction of shell to java within an existing project.

HTH.

(P.S. Sorry about the lack of direct URLs, but I am apparently not allowed to post URLs at this time.)