Find the answer to your Linux question:
My motherboard fried so I am in the processing of rebuilding my system. Luckily, my .evolution directory gets backed up every day. Copying the backup into the new installation I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Recovering evolution contacts from backup

My motherboard fried so I am in the processing of rebuilding my system. Luckily, my .evolution directory gets backed up every day.

Copying the backup into the new installation I get all my email local folders and all the sub-folders that I use to keep e-mails. But, my contacts do not work. I get errors such as "Error loading Address Book. Please check that the path /home/darrell/.evolution/addressbook/local/system exists and that you have permission to access it."

I have verified that the folder does indeed exist. I thought that the permissions were correct but to be sure I went and set the file mode to 777. Still get the same message.

Then I tried copying the entire .evolution/ folder on top of the new installation and still get the same problem. E-mails and folders are OK but contacts don't work.

What am I missing??? Thanks in advance for any help!

Darrell ...

Just Joined!

I wanted to learn how to backup messages in Evolution 2.22.3.1

Quote Originally Posted by dbarabash View Post
    Luckily, my .evolution directory gets backed up every day.
    I wanted to learn how to backup messages in Evolution 2.22.3.1. How can you backup and restore messages of Evolution 2.22.3.1?

Regards,

Swaroop Kunduru.

This is how to do it using the terminal.

How to Backup Evolution Ubuntu Blog
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home