Find the answer to your Linux question:
First of all, I have done my due diligence in looking for this answer. I have an older DELL laptop which I want to use for an Internet Radio ONLY. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Distro for Internet Audio Streaming (which best)

First of all, I have done my due diligence in looking for this answer. I have an older DELL laptop which I want to use for an Internet Radio ONLY. Which LINUX distro would be minimalist for this which would support the audio streaming usually seen there? I have UBUNTU doing this on several other machines but the laptop in question is a bit under this requirement. I do not need any WP or other software just playing internet audio streaming (e.g., Slacker, Pandora, Rhapsody, TheRadio)

Thanks in advance.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

Check this poll for favorite distro for older/weaker computer hardware as voted by our membership. You should be able to install any needed applications on pretty much any distribution that you should choose.

If you like Ubuntu, you might want to check out Xubuntu, as it's the same base system, but with a lighterweight desktop environment.

Hope it all works out well for you.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    If you like Ubuntu, you might want to check out Xubuntu
    I agree, Xubuntu will be able to handle palying Internet radio streams. I use it on a 10 year old Toshiba laptop. It will do a lot more too..........