Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded a new version of SystemRescue, and when using Partimage in the first menu now it shows "Loops" instead of partitions. What in the world am I supposed to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Partimage "Loops"

I downloaded a new version of SystemRescue, and when using Partimage in the first menu now it shows "Loops" instead of partitions. What in the world am I supposed to do with those ?

I have tried the google thing, but could not find anything on it that would help me understand how loops can replace partitions and how to use them. I even posted in the partimage forums with no replies which is not that unusual, I seem to be invisible to everyone else when I post in that forum.

I hope someone here can explain to me how to use loops in partimage or point me to a thread or a how-to documentation of some kind.

thanks,
    obnascar

Just Joined!
    That is to say Partimage has been used on the partition and now reports it as loops. What happens if you use an older version or Parted Magic and use one of them to run "fdisk -l" in a terminal. Do you get what you expect from your knowledge of your partitions?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by thorkelljarl View Post
    That is to say Partimage has been used on the partition and now reports it as loops. What happens if you use an older version or Parted Magic and use one of them to run "fdisk -l" in a terminal. Do you get what you expect from your knowledge of your partitions?
    The old versions of SystemRescue CD's show partitions not loops, and of course Parted, Gparted, Parted Magic show normal partitions as always. I just am not able to find information on how to use the new SystemRescue partimage cd that now shows loops ? That was on the latest release of SystemRescue.

Let me try downloading it again and see if I get the same thing, and I will post back.

I guess not many people must use Partimage on the SystemRescue Cd. When I install Partimage using a package manager on my Linux distro, it does not show loops.

Just Joined!

Partimage "Loops"

Well, case closed.......

I downloaded the System Rescue CD again and now it does show "partitions", the loops have disappeared. So I don't know if it was a bug and got fixed or if to many people complained about it.

Anyway, all is well.......