Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear All. I am new in Linux Linpus, and i am really in need of your help. Yesterday i tried to update my IM messenger on Aspire One (Linux Linpus ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation IM Messenger Aspireone not starting....

Dear All. I am new in Linux Linpus, and i am really in need of your help.

Yesterday i tried to update my IM messenger on Aspire One (Linux Linpus Lite OS) and suddenly battery was down. I restarted PC and now when i click on IM Messenger it does not respond. (Not starting) please share with me your experience on resolving this issue. Is there any way to repair IM messenger and not restore all laptop
    In live update i cant do uninstall.... Please help Thanks a lot

Do you use GNOME or KDE?

What you want to do is go into your package manager, uninstall the IM program and then re-install the packages. That should take you back to how you were at the beginning. If you use GNOME, System > Administration > Synaptic Package Manager, then search for the name of IM client (eg. Pidgin, aMSN) then click on the little square and click removal. If after re-install, Removal doesnt work, try Complete Removal. You might have to download the program again in Add/Remove Programs just to warn you. Thats if you use GNOME.

I use Linpus, and Huntsman is right -- you need to uninstall then reinstall the IM program.

This is a little difficult with Linpus, but is possible. Let's try the command line first. Before I help you, I need to know the name of the IM software you're using.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close