Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am using xxms and trying to open mp3 files from a windows partition which i have mounted in linux. When i try to open songs, nothing happens. I dont ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xmms wont load files

I am using xxms and trying to open mp3 files from a windows partition which i have mounted in linux. When i try to open songs, nothing happens. I dont get any error messages either. Please help and thanks in advance

when you try to open songs? do you mean double click them, add them to the playlist or command line
    Code:
    xmms song.mp3
    ?
    if you're double-clicking them, you might not have the .mp3 filetype associated with xmms. you should do a right click and open with, and then select XMMS. i think there should also be an option something like "always use for this filetype".
    if you're adding them to the playlist, you then have to physically press play a lot of times. if you're doing it from the command line, then i don't know.
    let me know which it is!
    thanks
    -lakerdonald

Just Joined!
    No, they wont open at all either way. I am using Redhat and they removed mp3 support, any one know how to patch it back in?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude