Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey, I'm using KDE on openSUSE, and I'm having trouble getting flash to work with Konqueror. I usually use the GNOME desktop with Firefox. If anybody could help me getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Flash in Konqueror

Hey, I'm using KDE on openSUSE, and I'm having trouble getting flash to work with Konqueror. I usually use the GNOME desktop with Firefox.

If anybody could help me getting Flash on Konqueror, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Just Joined!
    Have you tried using the flash player installer given by adobe. If you download it, install it to your mozilla firefox or netscape directory, like .mozilla and konqueror should find it through nsplugins.

Get flash from here: Adobe - Adobe Flash Player

Here is a Open Suse How to if you care to use it. I don't run Open Suse so I can't be of much more help in this.

Install Adobe Flash Player 10 in openSUSE Linux | SUSE & openSUSE
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Just Joined!
    Okay, thanks. I'll try that.

Just Joined!
    I tried installing flash for Firefox, but when I tell Konqueror to search for plugins, it finds nothing.

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    You need to configure Konqueror to look for plugins in /usr/lib/browser-plugins and then scan for new plugins. Make sure you have installed all the Firefox/Mozilla plugins you intend to use before scanning for new plugins.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    You need to configure Konqueror to look for plugins in /usr/lib/browser-plugins and then scan for new plugins. Make sure you have installed all the Firefox/Mozilla plugins you intend to use before scanning for new plugins.
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When I try to install the plugin for Firefox, it tells me that I've already intalled it. When I try to use flash in Firefox, it tells me I need to download it. When I go to install it it tells me I have it. It's like an endless loop.

How are you installing the plugins?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    How are you installing the plugins?
    I go to Adobe, then click the Get Adobe Flash Player button on the right. When it loads I click the pull-down and select RPM. My browser then gives me a pop-up asking me if I want to save or open it. So I choose "Open with 'Install Software'". It then downloads and opens it with Install Software, loads to 50%, then gives me an error telling me that it's already installed.

Pictures attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Run Firefox and in the address bar enter the command below
    Code:
    about:plugins
    Is flash in the list of plugins?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast