Find the answer to your Linux question:
After a 15 year hiatus from the Unix world I'm back into it with an Acer Aspire One running Linpus Linux Lite. It's a really super little PC. I am, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Acer Aspire One and gotomypc application

After a 15 year hiatus from the Unix world I'm back into it with an Acer Aspire One running Linpus Linux Lite. It's a really super little PC. I am, however, having issues trying to get the gotomypc application to run. Installed: Java 1.7.0; Java 6.0 console, Mozilla firefox 2.0; but the gotomypc universal viewer ( a Java app ) just will not start. Anyone have any ideas? I use gotomypc for all my remote computing needs especially when I'm on call. Thanks for any assistance.

Just Joined!
    Signed Java apps won't work with the Aspire One properly, and even less so in FF2.
    You need to get FF3 from the Acer Aspire One site SUPPORT Acer Aspire One driver
    And install official Sun Java from
    macles*: Installing Sun Java on Acer Aspire One Linux

Cheers.
    EDIT:
    If you want the absolute latest version of Java change "6u10" to "6u11" in the Java installation commands

To get to the terminal you need to launch the file browser and it's in the File menu.

Just Joined!
    dandart,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure I understand FF2 and FF3 but will learn; also not sure about reference to 'macles*: Installing Sun Java ...' but I'll learn. I'm off to the Acer site.
    Best regards.

Just Joined!
    No prob.
    You need Java for the app, that Macles link shows you how to install the official version of Java... which supports signed applets.
    FF3 supports late versions of Java properly, FF2 doesn't.
    Hope that clears it up.