Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hello. I currently use xmms for playing my ogg & mp3s, but one feature it seems to lack is a media library. are there any other decent players that have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

media library?

hello. I currently use xmms for playing my ogg & mp3s, but one feature it seems to lack is a media library. are there any other decent players that have this? thanks!

What do you mean by a media library? You mean like a WMP-ish online library or a "My Music" sort of deal where all of your music is grouped in a central location?
    -lakerdonald

Linux Newbie
    Have you looked at Rythmbox?
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Just Joined!
    something like winamp has...where all the music is organized in a gui for quick browsing and usage ~~~> screenshot of winamp media library

@uturn: I'll check out rythmbox - thanks

Linux Engineer
    JuK is similar to rhythmbox and I think it's included with the recent kde versions.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Guru
    You will have significant problems if you access large amount of music over a network using Rythmbox. That media ibrary for Winamp does look great, though. I've been looking for something like that myself. I'll look a little harder, maybe ask the author to port it to XMMS... I'll let you know!

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Guru
    I found this so far:

http://proguy.dk/xmms-medlib.php

It looks promising, but it doesn't look nearly as advanced as the one you show. BTW... What's the homepage of that one? I can't even find it.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Hi

check out www.winamp.com The Media Library is a standard plugin.
    I have a fealing that you never even tried windows cuz There is no windows if not for utilities like winamp. Its the best media player I have seen. No hard feelings now. I wonder why those nullsoft guys never touched the linux side. After all Its freeware till recently. Even now Its almost free. Only a few features that You won't use anyways are locked.

BTW you can feel its power under wine. It works pretty well on KDE. But it acts up a little under WMI like orphoned windows and stuff. Can some one help me over with this.

Linux Engineer
    zinf has a good media library and supports winamp skins too. btw nullsoft release linux versions afaik

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by variant
    zinf has a good media library and supports winamp skins too. btw nullsoft release linux versions afaik
    hi,

Can you plz give the link or some sort of reference to winamp on linux I tried to google for it but all pointed to wine, which doesn't for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast