Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am a college student and I am new to linux. I run Ubuntu right now and I am trying to find a good calendar/organizer. The necessary features are to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for an organizer

I am a college student and I am new to linux. I run Ubuntu right now and I am trying to find a good calendar/organizer. The necessary features are to make task lists by class and be able to assign priorities. I don't know whether this would be a seperate app or not but I am also looking for a way to organize my notes for a class(I have currently been using open office to write outlines which is fine but it would be nice to be able to attach them to specific classes and other relevant documents. I am interested in any organizer tools. It would also be nice to have an easy way to export the calendar either to the web or to an external hard drive because I use my desktop computer in my room and my laptop in class. I run ubuntu on both. Thanks for your help.

oz
    forum.guy
    welcome to the forums!

you can find some options that might work for you here:

Office | Linux App Finder

if what you want can't be found in the office section, try one of the others.

if you should find something that you want to try, i'd recommend installing it with the default package tool that came with your distribution if possible, rather than installing from source.

hope you find just what you need.
    oz

For the web there are a few ways to do it, I'd recommend either lightning project:

Lightning - Project Home

that's an extension on thunderbird which you can use for email or sunbird

Mozilla Sunbird

for notes...that's an interesting one, if you're not happy with just using folders for organization you can try Basket Note Pad

BasKet Note Pads

As for exporting calendars, most software for calendars will allow you to do that with no problem. You can also create a google calendar and then connect to that via thunderbird or sunbird. Then you can access it from whatever computer you're on (even a computer on campus using Windows).
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close