Find the answer to your Linux question:
Every week I move something over from the Windows box to the Linux box... this time it's postage printing--well it would be.... The USPS Click and Ship system prints postage ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USPS Click And Ship: Needs PDF not to open in browser

Every week I move something over from the Windows box to the Linux box... this time it's postage printing--well it would be....

The USPS Click and Ship system prints postage (at a slight discount) and it requires that when you go to print the labels, the pdf opens up in an Adobe window--NOT in a browser window. The Windows Adobe has a place under Edit-Preferences-Internet where you can uncheck the option to open pdf in browser.

Called the postal service folks, and they don't support Linux. Only Windows.

I think all I need to do is to figure out how to make the Linux Adobe behave like the Windows Adobe and not try to open pdf files in the browser.

Anyone knowing how to do this, please help. I'll try it out when I next need to print a postage label.

Thanks,
    Keith

May be you can solve it by looking in your browser options/preferences how the browser handles PDF-files. You probably can change setting from "handle in browser" to "handle in [programX]" or something the like.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux