Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am looking for an app which can replace hyperterminal on Window. I found Cutecom. Is there anyone know how to install and use this? Please tell me how ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cutecom how to?

Hi,
    I am looking for an app which can replace hyperterminal on Window. I found Cutecom. Is there anyone know how to install and use this? Please tell me how ^_^

Best regards,

What distribution are you using? Every Linux distribution has a package manager which you use to install software. For Debian-based distros like Ubuntu and Knoppix, it's apt-get or synaptic. For Fedora it's yum. For SUSE it's yast. I think Mandriva uses rpmdrake. All these installers work the same way: you give them the name of the package you want and it is downloaded (together with any libraries that it needs) and automatically installed. Usually some documentation comes with it (at least there'll be a man page), so you can find out how to use it.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

oz
    forum.guy
    ...and if you should have to install from source for some reason, check this HowTo for instructions on doing so:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...are-linux.html

Be sure to check any included README type files after unpacking the tarball for special installation instructions or tips.
    oz