Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiya command line commandos. I have a command line question. Recently I uploaded a bunch of files to my server and have a password protected area on the website for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Rar command line

Hiya command line commandos.

I have a command line question. Recently I uploaded a bunch of files to my server and have a password protected area on the website for friends/co-workers to access files. What I need is a command that will take folders in say /var/www/general_stuff/[directory] and turn the directory into a rar file inside /general_stuff/
    so the users don't have to click each individual file to download the whole directory.

Now it would be super-helpful if there was a command that would do all the directories at once and separate them into their corresponding directories. However if thats not possible then the other way would be just as awesome.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated (plus many internets to you, good sirs!)

Just Joined!
    ******bump******

The man page is pretty much self explanatory, that is provided that your server has rar installed on it.
    Code:
    man rar