Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, i have interest to do project in linux,,,,,,,, please somebody give idea,,...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Idea for Project

Hi,

i have interest to do project in linux,,,,,,,,

please somebody give idea,,

Just Joined!
    which way are you looking at it...

Quote Originally Posted by mohanlinux View Post
    Hi,

i have interest to do project in linux,,,,,,,,

please somebody give idea,,
    You're going to need to give us more information than that. Are we talking about a programming project here? If so, what language? What level of commitment are you looking to put into it and what time frame, if any? Is it for school?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Better yet, what is your skill level? Suggestions for a project will be dependent on this (from me at least).
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

Smile

Mohan,
    Great to hear,you are looking for open source projects as your project work.
    I would suggest the following ,which will help you to decide on project.

1)decide your language of preference - Don't choose a platform simply because there is lot of demand for it....(c/ c++/java/php/python etc...)

2)What's your area you like to work,web developement or system programming.

3)Then have a look at projects in sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net sites on your area of interest.

4)You can either chose to improve or enhance -- it needs lot of existing coding...
    or create your own simple application,which overcomes the disadvantages of existing tools or projects.

All the best
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi ,
    I interested doing Open Source Project using java in my project work(B.E Computer science), Please tell me some title to do project,

Hi again,
    I would suggest the following ,which will help you to decide on project.

1)decide your language of preference - Don't choose a platform simply because there is lot of demand for it....(c/ c++/java/php/python etc...)

2)What's your area you like to work,web developement or system programming.

3)Then have a look at projects in sourceforge.net or freshmeat.net sites on your area of interest.

4)You can either chose to improve or enhance -- it needs lot of existing coding...
    or create your own simple application,which overcomes the disadvantages of existing tools or projects.
    You Answered for first question ,
    1)Java
    what about the rest?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org