Find the answer to your Linux question:
Am I the only person who cant figure out this one? I have no scripting directory in the latest Nautilus and as such no terminal, etc from Nautilus.... Am I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Nautilus Conundrum in Fedora Core 2

Am I the only person who cant figure out this one? I have no scripting directory in the latest Nautilus and as such no terminal, etc from Nautilus.... Am I missing something or has Nautilus just become braindead? (It's kinda worthless if you have to get out of it to launch a terminal, etc...)

Also, is there a way to change the navigation back - the context thing is not worth it (TOO MANY WINDOWS!!!)

Enough ranting - can anyone give me a clue?

WPH

Spatial navigation really annoys me, so I did some research. Apparently you can turn it off by editing the registry:

Using GConf (Fedora -> System Tools -> Configuration Editor) and go to the /apps/nautilus/preferences key. You can then apply a tick alongside the always_use_browser key. Log out of GNOME, and upon re-logging in, your new changes would take effect.

It can also be performed on the command line via the gconftool-2, by starting a terminal session (right-click the desktop, then click Open Terminal), and entering: gconftool-2 --type boolean --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/always_use_browser true.
    As for your scripts I don't know; but at least you can get rid of spatial.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants