Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to play an old game (wizardry gold) but the manual that was distributed with the game is in *.hlp format. I can't open these at all (in wine, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Opening or converting *.hlp files

I'm trying to play an old game (wizardry gold) but the manual that was distributed with the game is in *.hlp format. I can't open these at all (in wine, or straight from linux .... i'm using gentoo btw)

I dont need it to be in wine, as the files are not a dependency of the game, I just want the manual to be able to read different stats on stuff.

I've tried googling and searching the forums, but the forums came up short, and google just gives me countless pages with no real answer.

Is there a program that I can install (either from portage, or compile from source, i'm not afraid to get dirty) that can either open these directly, or convert them into a format that I can use?

Thanks guys.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

the herd software suggestion worked mostly, and although the file was split so that pictures were not in the document as 1, it did get me what I needed.

thanks reed9
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close