Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am attempting to run make ti be able to install the RT73 driver for a Linksys USB54GC USB wireless adapter. I am executing make from the proper /modules directory ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help needed with "make"

I am attempting to run make ti be able to install the RT73 driver for a Linksys USB54GC USB wireless adapter. I am executing make from the proper /modules directory as instructed. Please not the error I receive:

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    rt73.ko failed to build!

I cd down the path and find that the /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/ includes a sym link: source -> build

I'm not sure what to do to correct the issue. Any/all help is greatly appreciated!

Just Joined!
    Make sure that you install the kernel-sources rpm for your running kernel. The module needs to access them to compile (i think?)

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by manimal29 View Post
    I am attempting to run make ti be able to install the RT73 driver for a Linksys USB54GC USB wireless adapter. I am executing make from the proper /modules directory as instructed. Please not the error I receive:

make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/build: No such file or directory. Stop.
    rt73.ko failed to build!

I cd down the path and find that the /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/ includes a sym link: source -> build

I'm not sure what to do to correct the issue. Any/all help is greatly appreciated!
    That probably means that the sources are not installed, hence that symlink is broken. You can try this and it should fail telling your that the directory hasn't been found:

Code:
    cd /lib/modules/2.6.18-128.1.6.el5/
    You need to install the sources for that exact version of the kernel. You also probably need to at least configure them. But first install them.