Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Does anybody knows how to resolve these configure: error: Missing rxp program? I'm trying to install Pise (Pasteur Institute Software Environment) and I got that error when I tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Missing rxp program

Hi,

Does anybody knows how to resolve these configure: error: Missing rxp program?
    I'm trying to install Pise (Pasteur Institute Software Environment) and I got that error when I tried ./configure --prefix=/local/lib/Pise

Can anyone tell me what seems to be the problem?
    Thanks a lot!

What distro are you using? I assume you need to install librxp1-dev. (Or at least it's called that in Ubuntu.) Ubuntu -- Package Search Results -- rxp

Just Joined!

Question

I'm using Bayanihan Linux.
    I'm sorry but I only downloaded and extracted the required packages..do I need to install or build them?? Sorry I'm new to this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by yuri16 View Post
    I'm using Bayanihan Linux.
    I'm sorry but I only downloaded and extracted the required packages..do I need to install or build them?? Sorry I'm new to this.
    What exactly did you download and extract? It looks like Bayanihan is based on Debian. Open a terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && apt-get install librxp1-dev rxp

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    What exactly did you download and extract? It looks like Bayanihan is based on Debian. Open a terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && apt-get install librxp1-dev rxp
    ftp://ftp.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/pub/richard/rxp.tar.gz

That's the one I downloaded and extracted.

Let me ask if the do I need to extract the required packages inside the Pise folder or it doesn't matter as long as it was extracted on the same local?

I will try the one you suggested.

Read this: Package Management - Linux Forums

You should generally only install programs through your package manager, with the exceptions of something like PISE. On the PISE website, under packages required, you should install all of these programs through your package manager, if possible. Most distros include a graphical interface for package management - look for a program called synaptic on your system.

Couple of notes. I'm assuming your distro uses sudo to give the user root priveleges, but it may not. In which case the above commands would go as so
    Code:
    su -
    apt-get update && apt-get install librxp1-dev rxp
    And I guess I should also check, what version of Bayanihan are you using? I saw the earlier releases were based on Fedora, which makes the package manager different. (And if you're using an old one, upgrade.)