Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am a new linux user and i'm trying to install Amsn on an Elonex Onet, I try to download the files, and nothing will open. It gives me ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Installing Amsn for Elonex Onet - Help please?

Hello,

I am a new linux user and i'm trying to install Amsn on an Elonex Onet, I try to download the files, and nothing will open.

It gives me the option to Open or Remove? But open will not do anything, if i got to Properties there is only a general tab.

Any help would be appreciated greatly? I don't have much knowledge of pc's or Linux, so if you someone can explain it easily. I would hugely appreciate it.

Thank you,

When installing software on Linux you should use a package manager when possible. This can be a bit strange to a Windows user but you will see it is a good system for installing software.

What distribution of Linux are you running on your laptop? Let us know that and we will help you find your package manager and get you on your way to installing software
    Linux User #453176

The elonex one uses a custom distro called Linos. From the little I can find about it on the web, it looks like an extremely shoddy product, and I would not judge linux by this crap. (Obviously, I haven't used it, but that's my impression.) Anyway, I couldn't find any info on package management or installing new software for Linos. You can download the user manual here: Elonex Plc :: Support. You might also contact their support number.

Just Joined!
    Erm.... It's an Elonex Onet Netbook, running Linux. That's about all I know.

I know it has Kernel V.08 (if that's any help), other then that i'm not sure where to find out what distribution etc. it is.

Sorry.

It looks as if reed9 is right. From looking up Linos it seems to be a closed source distribution that you can only get from buying a Elonex Laptop. There doesn't seem to be any help online for it so the only thing I can suggest is to find someone who has used the operating system or upgrading to another distribution

How comfortable are you with installing a new operating system?
    Linux User #453176