Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do you use unzip in Linux? I am sure it I(i.e. unzip utility) is installed. It created an image file out of a zip(ped) file. There's a newly created ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

no unzip?

How do you use unzip in Linux?

I am sure it I(i.e. unzip utility) is installed. It created an image file out of a zip(ped) file. There's a newly created .img file. But, I need an .iso!

I don't know what is going on so I boot up my XP partition. I'm done already! .ISO is created!

Damn!

This is what really bugs me about Linux.

Yes, I googled how to unzip and it seemed straight forward. But, it doesn't work...

Just Joined!
    Sorry to reply to my own thread (before anyone else does) - btw, is this frowned upon? If so, I won't do it again.

I wanted to ask another question, expanding on what I already asked. I am thinking now that 'unzip' only completes part of the process or if you will, the first part.

I think I am supposed to use use mkisofs to convert the .img into a .iso file?

How come 'unzip' in linux only completes part of it? Maybe there is an option I was supposed to use to make it use the mkisofs command?

Well, I hope someone more experienced and maybe who has done this before can explain? I'd appreciate it. Well, back to google. :-/

Perhaps you should start with what exactly you're trying to accomplish. Unzip is, unless there is a secret usage I'm not familiar with, used to extract files from a zipped archive. It doesn't create image files at all.

To convert img to iso, you can use ccd2iso or, I believe, acetone2

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    The zip/unzip commands only zip/unzip what you give them. If you got a .img file, then that was what got zipped in the first place. If you want, you can mount the .img file, and create an iso from that.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!