Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am just curious, is it possible to install a more "fancy" startup procedure/boot sequence for linux than the one installed now? I am running Mandrake 9.1. If you have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fancy startup procedure

I am just curious, is it possible to install a more "fancy" startup procedure/boot sequence for linux than the one installed now? I am running Mandrake 9.1. If you have ever installed a one of the C&C games from Westwood Studios, you know what I am talking about. Something that looks like or resembles their installation procedures. Does this exist? I know it is not important, but I thought it might be a little bit "cool".

Linux Guru
    Well, I don't think that there's anything like the C&C (and friends) installers, but there is a project out there that allows you to customize it further. I don't remember its name right now, though.
    It's always possible to write your own as well.

Just Joined!
    You might check out how SuSE does it.... I run SuSE 8.2 Pro and there are a few different types of startup...The normal verbose mode, a verbose mode with a SuSE color scheme, and one that has a giant SuSE logo with just a status bar at the bottom in a beautiful blue and grey color scheme...

I am not sure how they do it though...

evan hazlett

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close