Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have used Twitter a lot but I've discovered identi.ca now and some of my friends only use that so now I'm looking around for a good identi.ca client for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Best identi.ca (and Twitter) Linux Client

I have used Twitter a lot but I've discovered identi.ca now and some of my friends only use that so now I'm looking around for a good identi.ca client for Linux. I use several distros such as Ubuntu with Gnome and several KDE based distros (Mandriva, OpenSUSE, CentOS, Fedora).
    Which are some of the best identi.ca clients?
    Also, are there clients that work with both identi.ca and Twitter so I could just use one client?

Just Joined!
    I'm getting really bummed by twitter these days too. I just set up a personal account and already for tweeting different content and am getting a bunch of weirdness.

SO.

I do know that Choqok works very well for identi.ca and twitter. It does rely on KDE 4 though. I'm actually looking to install it on my newly reformatted lappy right now, (updating from 8.04-8.10-9.04 caused some issues) which has gnome ubuntu 8.04 on it with KDE 4 installed, but I installed via a different route this time, by adding http: // ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-members-kde4/ubuntu Index of /kubuntu-members-kde4/ubuntu to my sources.list. It appears as though some of the same packages that I'm used to seeing are not available. I honestly can't remember if this is because I'm now used to running Jaunty on my desktop pc, or because I have a different tie to the KDE repositories? I'm still pretty newbish with all of the sources jazz.

Anywhoo...It's a really nice twitter/identi.ca client -- supports multiple handles -- here's the link to Choqok: http: // choqok.gnufolks.orgChoqok - KDE Micro-Blogging Client[/url] In the download area it says that binary packages will be available at repositories. When I'm done with this post I'm going to launch the KDE window manager to see if that makes a difference. I'm not to savvy with compiling apps from source.

Spaces have been added to my links as I am a new user here.

Just Joined!
    Ok, so I installed twhirl tonight and it supports identi.ca and laconi.ca, so if you're having trouble finding clients for your distro, this may be the one. I really wanted to get choqok going or gwibber, but didn't have the ability to unravel figuring out how to get them going in hardy. I still need to resolve not having a signing key for my KDE environment. I'm still a newb.

I did see a tutorial for gwibber, but the instructions said to make a file for the sources.list area, but it said to make a file called something like /etc/apt/sources.list but with gwibber in the title. I didn't understand the way it was described with /etc/apt in the file name. I tried doing sudo and the path, to see if it would launch the text editor and it didn't. Anyways...enough babble.

Ttfn~ Good luck!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close