Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Voice recording

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Voice recording

I have a Creative Audigy sound card and a very simple Dialog microphone. I'd like to record voice, not in the professional quality, but just to be able to hear it clearly.

But if I record it with arecord, the output is to noisy, it's hard to hear words. I tried to use audacity, but it's too professional for such a simple task, and also I had some problems with it.

Is there a not too professional sound recording program, but wich is able to remove some of the noise?

Do you hear "noise" when you play any other media formats? I don't know why, but I used to have a mic that constantly emitted ear piercing feedback, never did get it to work..I just got a new mic.
    Try using alsamixer or something similar to adjust the settings for the mic, it could be turned up too loud.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Do you hear "noise" when you play any other media formats? I don't know why, but I used to have a mic that constantly emitted ear piercing feedback, never did get it to work..I just got a new mic.
    Try using alsamixer or something similar to adjust the settings for the mic, it could be turned up too loud.
    No, when I play another audio files I don't hear any noise. So you think I don't need any special software, but just to set up my mic properly? My mic is not to good, but I used it for scype under Windows and it gave satisfactory sound.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by netimen View Post
    No, when I play another audio files I don't hear any noise. So you think I don't need any special software, but just to set up my mic properly? My mic is not to good, but I used it for scype under Windows and it gave satisfactory sound.
    Like I said, check your mixer settings and see if there is something you can change to correct the problem, maybe lowering the mic volume.

Good Luck
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.