Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
ok, so far I have configured my browser to use flash, java, and some other mime types. I use Mozilla. There is a section under preferences called "helper applications" I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

configuring plugins for browser

ok, so far I have configured my browser to use flash, java, and some other mime types. I use Mozilla. There is a section under preferences called "helper applications" I tried to configure it to open some shorts that I like to check out from time to time but it didn't work. I have Mplayer installed with all the codecs, but even if I enter the exact plugin name in 'helper applications' and tell it to use mplayer, I still get the same message.
    No, I do not want to use Xine, I prefer mplayer and I like Mozilla just fine, so how can I accomplish this task with these apps?

Here is the site I am trying to view shorts on:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/home/

Any insight would be appreciated. I am pretty used to linux now and am quite happy with it, but this is one of those 'little' things that nags me.

Linux Guru
    I would think that these things are taylored for Windows, but who knows? You could try the MPlayer Mozilla plugin.

Linux Newbie
    This url will sort you out.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Exactly where can I find the mplayer plugin? The webpage states "This Project Has Not Released Any Files."
    The best things in life are free.

Linux Guru
    Yeah, sorry. The real URL is http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayerplug-in/.

Linux Enthusiast
    Craig_mcd: I already had that plugin and it didn't help in the matter, thanks anyway.

Dolda - that's what I was thinking - that it was made for windows, but I was hoping there was a way around it. I already had the mplayer plugin and it didn't seem to make any difference. It irritates me though, cuz that is one of my favorite sites to visit.

Linux Newbie
    Dont know why you cant get it to work, it works fine for me.
    I can view that site you posted without any problems.

Linux Guru
    Can you view all the videos, craig_mcd? Not all of them were flash animations.

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, i can view the site just fine, but can you watch the videos?? that is the whole point of what i was asking in the thread.

click on "watch now" and tell me that it can play a video (I hope you're right, but I somehow doubt it):

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/sp...wallacegromit/

Linux Guru
    That did work for me with the mplayerplug-in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast