Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello everyone, about 6 months ago i set up a machine running fedora 9 to automatically login as a certain user, then run a Windows OS via qemu. this was ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help finding boot script

hello everyone,
    about 6 months ago i set up a machine running fedora 9 to automatically login as a certain user, then run a Windows OS via qemu. this was basically a test box but now i'm ready to make it normal again. i guess my questions is, where could i find where this is being booted from? i have checked /etc/rc* and couldn't find it there. i did this by referring to a webpage but that page seems to have disappeared into nothingness so i can't use it to backtrack my steps. by the way, i'm running gentoo. i know different distros sometimes use different location for boot scripts and such.

Just Joined!
    In
    /etc/init.d/*
    or
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/*

Just Joined!
    i'm sorry i forgot to mention that i also checked /etc/init.d/*. i'm a moderately experienced linux user and i knew to check the most common places but now i'm really confused. the machine boots and automatically logs in as user "win98" then runs the X server without a GUI (no gnome, kde, etc) but runs a Win98 image with qemu. cannot find where this is happening though