Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys i want to send mail through command line bt mail and mailx is not working i m using sendmail command bt it shows an error of " NO ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation [SOLVED] sendmail

hi guys

i want to send mail through command line

bt mail and mailx is not working

i m using sendmail command bt it shows an error of "NO mail hub configured "
    wht shld i do

Smile

while I'm doing a sendmail configuration(Though I want to forget the experience -I did lot of googling/yahoo/ask/lycos and post questions here
    and read forums and others .... ) gET iT i sAY .giis - ext3 File Undelete Tool
    this link helped me lot Quick HOWTO : Ch21 : Configuring Linux Mail Servers - Linux Home Networking to learn the basics.

First make sure you have all necessary commands/packages installed in your machine before proceeding further.

I heard postfix The Postfix Home Page is much more eaiser than sendmail configuration.

Famous Sendmail Quote:
    "He who has never configured `sendmail.cf' has no courage. He who has configured it more than once has no brain...."
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    there is no /etc/mail folder
    so hw cn i found d configuration file

what's your distro? It seems like you don't have proper packages installed on your machine.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org