Results 1 to 8 of 8
Over the last few days I have been getting the following error when I click on some links in firefox (version 0.10). For example if I select all messages in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 10-07-2004 #1
Firefox error message
here is the error msg:
- 10-07-2004 #2
Looks like an malformed XML/XHTML page, or it could be an chrome error (internal browser page, which iirc is XHTML/XML). If it's the same link it's probably a malformed web-page (XHTML and XML makes it mandontory to write well formatted code). However, there should also be some error message (besides the "erroing line") - it looks like some one write '&' instead of '&'....
btw, try to see if there's a newer version of firefox, if it's an chrome error then it's hopefully fixed then.
- 10-08-2004 #3
- 10-08-2004 #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
I've noticed that FireFox does have an issue with profiles. Several times I've had to re-create profiles.
JeremyRegistered Linux user #346571
"All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude
- 10-09-2004 #5
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
Dont know, but there is an update to 10.1 that I think was a security thingy.
- 10-10-2004 #6
I know that with older versions (0.6-0.9) it was cleary stated that the profile dir must be deleted or problems would arise ( well, it didn't always cause problems but... ). I'm thinking maybe they're still working on the profile's internal structure - some parts change with every versions some remain unchanged, I don't know if they still say that it's recomended to create a new profile when uppgrading fireofox.
- 10-11-2004 #7Originally Posted by jeremy1701
I just upgraded to 1.0PR2, btw, and they fixed the text box thing. It's running very smoothly and I have found some pimp plugins for it."Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- 10-11-2004 #8
I've never really had a problem with profiles before. I've used firefox from version 0.5 to now (when it used to be called firebird). I only had this problem with 0.10. I've now downloaded 0.10.1 and created a new profile and all works fine. Now I just need to find a version of the 'Sort Bookmarks' extension that will work with this version