Find the answer to your Linux question:
Over the last few days I have been getting the following error when I click on some links in firefox (version 0.10). For example if I select all messages in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firefox error message

Over the last few days I have been getting the following error when I click on some links in firefox (version 0.10). For example if I select all messages in Yahoo Mail and click the 'Delete all' I get this error. When I close the message box everything carries on fine.

any ideas?

here is the error msg:
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Looks like an malformed XML/XHTML page, or it could be an chrome error (internal browser page, which iirc is XHTML/XML). If it's the same link it's probably a malformed web-page (XHTML and XML makes it mandontory to write well formatted code). However, there should also be some error message (besides the "erroing line") - it looks like some one write '&' instead of '&'....
    btw, try to see if there's a newer version of firefox, if it's an chrome error then it's hopefully fixed then.
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

It was indeed a chrome error. Created anew profile and all seems OK

Linux Guru
    I've noticed that FireFox does have an issue with profiles. Several times I've had to re-create profiles.

Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Just Joined!
    Dont know, but there is an update to 10.1 that I think was a security thingy.

I know that with older versions (0.6-0.9) it was cleary stated that the profile dir must be deleted or problems would arise ( well, it didn't always cause problems but... ). I'm thinking maybe they're still working on the profile's internal structure - some parts change with every versions some remain unchanged, I don't know if they still say that it's recomended to create a new profile when uppgrading fireofox.
    Regards Scienitca (registered user #335819 - http://counter.li.org )
    --
    A master is nothing more than a student who knows something of which he can teach to other students.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy1701
    I've noticed that FireFox does have an issue with profiles. Several times I've had to re-create profiles.

Jeremy
    That's wierd...never happened to me.

I just upgraded to 1.0PR2, btw, and they fixed the text box thing. It's running very smoothly and I have found some pimp plugins for it.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I've never really had a problem with profiles before. I've used firefox from version 0.5 to now (when it used to be called firebird). I only had this problem with 0.10. I've now downloaded 0.10.1 and created a new profile and all works fine. Now I just need to find a version of the 'Sort Bookmarks' extension that will work with this version