Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm a Linux newbie ... so I need some real basic help about deleting the Firefox cache. I'm using Firefox on gOS. If I select delete cache, cookies, Internet history ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Delete FireFox Cache

I'm a Linux newbie ... so I need some real basic help about deleting the Firefox cache. I'm using Firefox on gOS.

If I select delete cache, cookies, Internet history etc. from Tools - Options does the delete my Web history (videos, pictures, pages, passwords etc.) entirely? Or does some trace remain on the disk (as with Windows and IE for example) which can be retrieved or viewed?

If a trace remains behind is it difficult to delete and how can I locate it. I want to keep my privacy intact and the device I'm using is passed around ofter.

seoulmagic

oz
    forum.guy
    You can see what's left after clearing those items by checking your /home/user_name/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxx.default/ folder. I think it generally does a much better job of cleaning it all up than Windows IE does.
    oz

Just Joined!

Delete Firefox Cache

Thankyou Ozar ... my apologies for the mulitple posts I just didn't know where to put the post.

As for your answer ... I'm still a bit confused

where do I find the /home/user_name/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxx.default/ folder?

what is xxxxx stand for ?

Help I'm a real newbie to this ...

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by seoulmagic View Post
    where do I find the /home/user_name/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxx.default/ folder?

what is xxxxx stand for ?
    The part where the xxxx's are changes from user to user.

You should be able to open your file manager and navigate to the proper folder. Note the period before the .mozilla part of the path. That dot indicates that it's a hidden folder. You can set your file manager to show hidden files/folders and then you should be able to find it.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I've been playing around with the newly released Firefox 3.5 some this afternoon and it appears to be better than ever at allowing you remove or clear all history. It also has a new feature where you can go into a "private browsing" mode so that nothing is stored in your browsing session. Don't know all that much about it yet, but thought it might be worth mentioning.
    oz

Linux Guru
    There is a "Private Browsing" addon. I just installed in on Firefox 3.0.11.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9962
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.