Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm looking for a free, open source version of client emulation software, like the Ericom PowerTerm InterConnect for Linux. Need to do scoansi emulation. Any ideas? Thanks! Jon...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Open Source Client Emulation?

Hi,

I'm looking for a free, open source version of client emulation software, like the Ericom PowerTerm InterConnect for Linux. Need to do scoansi emulation.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jon

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, you are looking for a terminal emulator? Is this for dial-up connections? And, what terminal protocols do you need to support?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Yes, looking for a terminal emulator to work over a LAN as well as over a DSL connection using SSH.

Ok. But what terminal types do you need to emulate?

Just Joined!
    Sorry....scoansi...it's for a legacy COBOL application.

That's actually a pretty generic ANSI terminal protocol. Most any xterm or Linux x-windows terminal/console tool should deal with that ok. Have you tried? For example, the RHEL/CentOS KDE Konsole application can emulate the following terminal types (note that ANSI is basically a VT-100 or VT-102 terminal type): xterm, vt100, linux console, vt420pc, Solaris. The Linux Console is essentially an ANSI terminal with extra goodies for color display.

Just Joined!
    I've poked around a bit but there seemed to be more setup involved than just TERM=X. I wanted to ping the forum before I dug deeper into settings, etc. When I set things up with xterm there seemed to be some CR and PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN issues.

I'll poke around a bit more and get back to the forum, with success or failure info.

Thanks!