Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Colleagues, I was enjoying the 3D effects of my newly installed PCLinuxOS and suddenly I noticed that it stopped functioning. I'm not sure if it was because I upgraded ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

3D Cube Disappeared "just like that!" PCLinuxOS

Dear Colleagues,

I was enjoying the 3D effects of my newly installed PCLinuxOS and suddenly I noticed that it stopped functioning. I'm not sure if it was because I upgraded from PCLinuxOS 2009.1 to 2009.2.

Or was it when I was manually removing duplicate entries in my package manager, I might have accidentally removed something. I tried to uninstall reinstall ccsm in the package manager to no avail.

I distinctly noticed though that the button for"on 3d effects" disappeared and the box where I usually find it is nowhere to be found in my usual choices in the control center. I have been trying to locate it for the past 3 days or so but still I can't make the ccsm/3d/cube work.

May I request again for assistance regarding this situation of mine? I thank you in advance for any advises.

Cheerio!!!
    Last edited by nujinini; 07-23-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: typo & grammar corrections

Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    Dear Colleagues,

I was enjoying the 3D effects of my newly installed PCLinuxOS and suddenly I noticed that it stopped functioning. I'm not sure if it was because I upgraded from PCLinuxOS 2009.1 to 2009.2.

Or was it when I was manually removing duplicate entries in my package manager, I might have accidentally removed something. I tried to uninstall reinstall ccsm in the package manager to no avail.

I distinctly noticed though that the button for"on 3d effects" disappeared and the box where I usually find it is nowhere to be found in my usual choices in the control center. I have been trying to locate it for the past 3 days or so but still I can't make the ccsm/3d/cube work.
    Hello Everybody,

It feels a little weird answering my own thread but this info might be of use to somebody, sometime. After 5 days of trying to fix this one by downloading and surfing and googling for a solution, I decided to make a fresh reinstall last night. Afterwhich, I was able to turn on the wireless following my thread as solved by waterhead and FINALLY...I was able to turn on the "infamous cube" and other effects. --- nujinini