Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am looking for help on how to use ghost 4 unix to write an image to a network hard drive. Does anyone here use ghost 4 unix? I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ghost 4 unix

Hello,
    I am looking for help on how to use ghost 4 unix to write an image to a network hard drive. Does anyone here use ghost 4 unix? I have 2 laptops that I need to backup the image to a iomega network hard drive. I am not sure how to do this or the write command to use uploaddisk or uploadpart. Is there a size limit on how big the partion can be when writing the image, or do you just upload the whole disk using uploaddisk, which then compresses the image when it is uploading, right? help
    Thanks slakk

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

I've never used it so can't offer any specific help, but have you checked the g4u home page? There's some documentation there that might help, but not sure if it answers your question directly:

g4u - Harddisk Image Cloning for PCs

If it doesn't, maybe a g4u user will check in with some tips for you.
    oz

Just Joined!
    hey ozar,
    thanks for the welcome. I understand what I want to accomplish just not sure of the commands to use. I don't want to write over any images already on the hard drive. thanks again
    slakk

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close