Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, Sometimes i confused about linux top command. Generally, i know that its command provide me some information about cpu load, memory usage, and uptime. But do you have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ask about top command

Hi All,

Sometimes i confused about linux top command. Generally, i know that its command provide me some information about cpu load, memory usage, and uptime. But do you have any links/information that can explain the usage of linux top command for detail ?

Maybe about what is the maximum load of the cpu ? or if we type top on our linux box, there will be two cpu percentage but why the percentage is different between them ? or what is zombie and sleeping process and how the process become on those state ?

Thanks before

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

The manual for top has a lot of info that may help you. Run a terminal and enter the command "man top".

Just Joined!
    thanks for your reply, but is there any documentation/information about top command that has the picture of it, so it will be more understandable. and what about my other questions ?

thanks

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    The only option I can think about if you need images is to search for "linux top command" on google. There are several articles in the results, that may be of interest to you.