Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I download Die Hard 4.0 theme. It i a .Tar.gz file. Inside of this file are these folders. Die hard 4.0> Wall Paper Icons Emerald Window Border> I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing Die hard 4.0 theme

So I download Die Hard 4.0 theme. It i a .Tar.gz file. Inside of this file are these folders.

Die hard 4.0>

Wall Paper
    Icons
    Emerald Window Border>

I have intalled the Wall paper and the Emerald Window Border but I cannot get the Icons installed. I have tried extracting the file to the usr/share/icons. It still doesn't show up in the appearance setting. If anyone can give me any advice on how to get my theme looking like the Die hard 4.0 I would greatly appreciate it. You can view the theme at kde-look.org. Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by uplink View Post
    So I download Die Hard 4.0 theme. It i a .Tar.gz file. Inside of this file are these folders.

Die hard 4.0>

Wall Paper
    Icons
    Emerald Window Border>

I have intalled the Wall paper and the Emerald Window Border but I cannot get the Icons installed. I have tried extracting the file to the usr/share/icons. It still doesn't show up in the appearance setting. If anyone can give me any advice on how to get my theme looking like the Die hard 4.0 I would greatly appreciate it. You can view the theme at kde-look.org. Thank you very much for your help.
    When you change your Icon theme, notice the button that says "Install new Theme" click on that and point it at the correct directory. You should now have a new Icon theme set listed.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    I tried that already it doesn't work. I went to

System > Preferences > Appearance > Theme > Install

Then I went to directory and it doesn't even detect the icon directory as a theme package. It isn't listed.

Try pointing it at the .gz file instead of the unzipped folders.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.