Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm using KDE 4.2 and Firefox 3.0.14 I was playing with some tweaks in the KDE desktop environment, and I saw that it said Scrollbar buttons may sometimes be displayed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KDE 4.2 and Firefox

I'm using KDE 4.2 and Firefox 3.0.14
    I was playing with some tweaks in the KDE desktop environment, and I saw that it said
    Scrollbar buttons may sometimes be displayed incorrectly in Firefox and Thunderbird. This can be fixed by installing some files into your Mozilla profile.
    and it had a button labeled "Install scrollbar fix...".
    So, I clicked it and restarted Firefox. It worked, sorta.
    I now have the Oxygen theme scrollbar and buttons, but it's kinda screwy.
    The scrollbar loses it's buttons and the radio buttons and tick boxes on web sites are too big and clumsy.
    Where are these files? I can't seem to find them so that I can remove/tweak them.
    I can't be the first person to have this problem, so there must be a fix, right?
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!

oz
    forum.guy
    KDE and GTK apps don't always work so well together. I generally use the qtcurve packages along with the gtk-theme-switch2 package to get it all looking better, and working better together:

QtCurve (KDE4, KDE3, & Gtk2 Theme) KDE-Look.org

gtk-theme-switch
    oz

Thanks Ozar, but that's not very helpful.
    The theme is just another theme and that command line util is not what I need.
    I still have the problems with the scrollbar in Firefox, and also, I discovered that I have an issue in OOo. I'm using version 3, and when I open a dialog box with tabs, well, it gets all screwy. I can't see what's written on the tabs and they don't look right.
    Now I think this may have to do with an update I downloaded and installed recently for my Mandriva 2009.1 The update was a QT4 update, I'll have to find the log and check to see exactly what it was.
    Cogito ergo surf - I think therefore I network.

Registered Linux user #481826 Get counted!