Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for a good one. CompoZer is outdated, SeaMonkey is confusing and I can't find anything that so far, compares to Frontpage (ahhh, manually ripping out the standards breaking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

WYSIWG HTML Editor

I'm looking for a good one. CompoZer is outdated, SeaMonkey is confusing and I can't find anything that so far, compares to Frontpage (ahhh, manually ripping out the standards breaking tags... such a good past time). Should I look for a good one, or give up and use Gedit or Plone?

Linux Newbie
    NVU o Quanta+ are good options ... quanta has a very decent inline editor and CSS options, and very good source editor (autocomplete and all that stuff)

Hugo
    EOF

oz
    forum.guy
    You can find some HTML editor options here:

HTML | Linux App Finder

I personally prefer normal text editors such as gedit and kwrite better because most of the wysiwyg editors tend to produce horrible code. The last time I used FrontPage (and that's been years), the code was some of the worst I've ever seen.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    You can find some HTML editor options here:

HTML | Linux App Finder

I personally prefer normal text editors such as gedit and kwrite better because most of the wysiwyg editors tend to produce horrible code. The last time I used FrontPage (and that's been years), the code was some of the worst I've ever seen.
    Frontpage gave me a 100kb HTML output once. For a simple bit of text. 50kb was the box it was in .

Checking out Screem. Looks good.