Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Everyone I am using kopete for yahoo protocol. Every time i try to view someones webcam i get a message saying that "No Webcam Image Received". I've tried kopete ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kopete and Yahoo Messenger

Hi Everyone
    I am using kopete for yahoo protocol. Every time i try to view someones webcam i get a message saying that "No Webcam Image Received". I've tried kopete in opensuse, kubuntu, arch, and mandriva, and i get the same message in all of them. I have jasper installed, i'm not aware of anything else thats needed. Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong and why i keep getting this message.
    Thanks in advance for you help

Just Joined!
    The instant messengers in Linux right now are horrible. Best to use Windows for it or maybe try Yahoo Messenger in a VirtualBox setting and see if it works.

check out GYachI Home Page

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin2 View Post
    The instant messengers in Linux right now are horrible. Best to use Windows for it or maybe try Yahoo Messenger in a VirtualBox setting and see if it works.
    Again, the problem is NOT linux, but yahoo which doesn't have a native linux app for its IM service. Fortunatelly, for yahoo, you have one option: Yahoo! Messenger for the Web, which needs flash plugin.

Try to understand: kopete, as the vast majority of linux apps, are maintained by enthusiastic people which is doing the job without yahoo (or other company) support. Those guys will work for free when yahoo (or other company) makes changes on the IM protocol specs. So, please don't say "X or Y application sucks" just because didn't work, without take your time to investigate the real reasons.

Peace

Hugo
    EOF