Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I have Ubuntu Jaunty & Linux Multimedia Studio 0.4.2. In attempt to update to LMMS 0.4.5, I downloaded & attempted to install : lmms_0.4.5~ppa-1jaunty_i386.deb and got the following error ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cannot update LMMS

Hi, I have Ubuntu Jaunty & Linux Multimedia Studio 0.4.2. In attempt to update to LMMS 0.4.5, I downloaded & attempted to install : lmms_0.4.5~ppa-1jaunty_i386.deb and got the following error message : Error : Dependency is not satisfiable : lmms-common (=0.4.5~ppa-1jaunty). What went wrong and is there an easier way to update ? Also, should I remove the older version or just install the latest on top of it ? Thanx

Hi and Welcome !

Isn't latest version available in Sources? Check Synaptic Package Manager. You should update/install/remove packages through that only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Nope, when I opened Synaptic Package Manager, latest v. was listed as 0.4.2. What to do now ?

0.4.5 is available in latest version, Ubuntu 9.10. I would suggest to upgrade Jaunty to Karmic. Go for fresh install, if possible.

In case you don't want to upgrade, you have to download/install all dependencies manually.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Thanx ! I am more inclined to download/install all dependencies manually rather than upgrade to 9.10. How do I find out what dependencies are necessary ? And after installing them, can I just install the package (as listed in my first post) w/ no additional steps ?

Just Joined!
    Yo !!!!! Anybody out there ???