Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear Friends i just completed installing GCC-4.2.2 ,since i wasnt able to upgrade my kernel-2.6.18(RHEL 5) to the latest 2.6.31....so i followed blindly the instructions for installing GCC on internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

strange GCC-4.2.2 problem

Dear Friends i just completed installing GCC-4.2.2 ,since i wasnt able to upgrade my kernel-2.6.18(RHEL 5) to the latest 2.6.31....so i followed blindly the instructions for installing GCC on internet .....though i think i got some errors i was able to install GCC-.. and i think only C was installed as i am able to compile the C++ programs not the .c ones...and heres the output for the command #gcc -v and #g++ -v
    PLEASE CHECK THE ATTACHMENT-TEXT FILE for the version numbers and other info
    so please can someone help me with this issue,and how can i change the THREAD MODEL to POSIX,i changed the directory to compile the kernel source files..and typed in the command #make xconfig.....and this gave me many errors,which i didnt get before upgrading from GCC-4.1.1 to GCC-4.4.2....also i am not able to compile a normal C file.....please help
    thanking you all in anticipation

regards asif
    Attached Files Attached Files