Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I need to run application, wich originally wrote for linux, under windows. SMPCallBuilder - application name. There is actually windows version for this program, but unfortunatelly without abillity to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Run Linux Program/Application under Windows

Hi!
    I need to run application, wich originally wrote for linux, under windows. SMPCallBuilder - application name. There is actually windows version for this program, but unfortunatelly without abillity to run it from console, AND I DO need to run this program from console, because I white program wich should work automatically.
    Is there a solution for such a problem?

recompile the source to run for windows, probably mingw will do the trick

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If the program uses X-Windows (the Linux GUI server) then you will need to build this on Windows with the appropriate X libraries, and have an X-Windows server to provide the presentation environment so you can run the program. The easiest way to do this is to install Cygwin on your Windows system, which has both a complete GNU development tool set (gcc, g++, gdb, et al), a complete X-Windows tool set (all the required libraries and headers), and a good X11R6 X server. So you can configure the X server to automatically start when you double click on the application from the Windows explorer and it will put the application gui on the screen just like a Windows application. Is this what you are trying to do?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!