Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use the same user folder for Firefox/thunderbird in XP and Linux, but due to different path names there are some problems. In the Firefox user folder there are at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Same Firefox user folder in XP/Linux

I use the same user folder for Firefox/thunderbird in XP and Linux, but due to different path names there are some problems. In the Firefox user folder there are at least 3 files that need the correct paths of different items. Files are "pref.js, user.js and extension.ini". An example:
    Code:
    pref.js 
    user_pref("browser.download.defaultFolder", "/home/chris");
    user_pref("browser.download.dir", "/mnt/DadStorage/Downloads10");    [for linux]

user_pref("browser.download.dir", "D:\Downloads10");    [for XP]
    Is there any way to rewrite pref.js with correct paths for both XP and Linux ?

If not could a script be written (I do not know how) that could be ran to copy 'pref.js.linux' to 'pref.js', start firefox and when closed, copy 'pref.js.XP' to 'pref.js' ? (Hope you understand question)

I've googled for "shared profile" firefox linux XP and got several hits.
    Maybe this one could help you out. If not you can do a search on the mozilla site.
    Charles
    ASUS EEE Box B202, Atom 270 1,6GHz, 1 GB, HDD 80GB, XP-SP3 / PinguyOS
    Asus EEE PC 901 with Bodhi-Linux

Linux User
    Thanks for the link but the last post by angussf is the problem I'm wanting to fix.

I think will have a Xp and Linux sub folder for the 3 files mentioned above and make a script (?) to copy linux files to shared folder when I run linux and before I turn off have it copy the XP needed files. Not the best but will work.