Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm learning how to use F-Spot photo manager. When I click on an image thumbnail in the main browse box, (to highlight it), and then I click the "Edit Image" ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

can't edit photos in F-Spot

I'm learning how to use F-Spot photo manager.

When I click on an image thumbnail in the main browse box, (to highlight it), and then I click the "Edit Image" button at the top, - it doesn't display the image in the edit box. It displays a default grey picture frame (place holder).

Any ideas?

Also, are there better Gnome photo editors? I want something simple.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    It's not particularly simple, but have you tried Gimp?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure what's up with F-spot, but there is also Picasa (for Linux) if you are into Google apps/products:

Picasa 3 for Linux: Free download from Google
    oz

Just Joined!
    With Gimp I can do some of what I want to do, but it takes me too long because I haven't yet sat down and learned the application.

~
    I'm sure Picasa could do what I want to do and more, but I'm not into Google apps.

~
    I want to quickly open a picture and resize, crop, adjust contrast, brightness, etc.

oz
    forum.guy
    There are some other photo managers that you can consider listed here:

Photo Managers | Linux App Finder

The only two that I've tried are Digikam and F-spot, which both worked well for me.
    oz

Just Joined!
    someone in another forum turned me on to an application called gThumb. Its easy and has a simple, clean interface. Its nice for basic editing and also for browsing your photos.

~
    The reason I couldn't edit the photos was the directory had been renamed or moved (can't remember exactly what I did.) Anyway the concept was that the thumbnails were still there in F-Spot, but the filepaths had changed so the program couldn't call them up.