Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm attempting to install kdewebdev (previously Quanta) on my Fedore Core 2 installation. After installing the Development Tools and X Software Development packages I was able to run ./configure successfully. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Errors in 'make' and 'make install' while installing Quanta?

I'm attempting to install kdewebdev (previously Quanta) on my Fedore Core 2 installation.
    After installing the Development Tools and X Software Development packages I was able to run ./configure successfully. But when I run 'make' I get the following errors:
    --------------
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [libkfilereplacepart.la] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    ----------------

I ran 'make install' and got the following errors:
    ----------------
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lselinux
    make[2]: *** [libkfilereplacepart.la] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    -----------------

Any help would be appreciated.

Just Joined!

Re: Errors in 'make' and 'make install' while installing Qua

Quote Originally Posted by SlowCoder
    I'm attempting to install kdewebdev (previously Quanta) on my Fedore Core 2 installation.
    After installing the Development Tools and X Software Development packages I was able to run ./configure successfully. But when I run 'make' I get the following errors:
    --------------
    make[3]: *** [libkfilereplacepart.la] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    ----------------

I ran 'make install' and got the following errors:
    ----------------
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lselinux
    make[2]: *** [libkfilereplacepart.la] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/george/Desktop/Packages/kdewebdev-3.3-be2/kfilereplace'
    make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
    -----------------

Any help would be appreciated.
    what happens if you try to read the README file?

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the response. But my interpretation of the README is that the installation of the extra programs is not required. However, I did attempt to install them ... which thus far is a failure.

The INSTALL or READMEs for the included programs say to install them the general way (./configure, make, make install). The problem (from my perspective) is that there is no 'configure' script with them to execute.

I read back through the installation docs for kdewebdev, and couldn't find any other help.

Any more assistance?

- Slightly confused ...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Problem solved. I ran up2date and updated all my packages. I guess Quanta was looking for a more up to date version of one of them than I had installed.