Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have never used either gparted or parted magic in the live disk form and was wondering what one seems to work the best. I have: gparted live .4.6-1 Parted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] gparted or parted magic?

I have never used either gparted or parted magic in the live disk form and was wondering what one seems to work the best. I have:

gparted live .4.6-1
    Parted Magic Live 4.8

I need to move some partitions (and the data contained) around in an external usb hard drive. There are ext3 and NTFS on there at this moment. I need to make a few more NTFS partitions to back up some data on a Win server. What recommendations does everyone have?

GParted and PartedMagic are same. Both are Graphical Interfaces of tool parted.
    GParted interface is GTK based and PartedMagic is QT based.
    I prefer PartedMagic LiveCD because it has lot of other tools which make it A Perfect Rescue CD.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    GParted interface is GTK based and PartedMagic is QT based.
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought Parted Magic was GTK based since it contains gparted, and that it was qtparted that was QT based.

Either way, I personally like Parted Magic because of all the great utilities on the disk including gparted, but I've never cared for qtparted on those occasions that I've had to use it.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Thanks to the both of you. I have never used either as a live disk, but I have used gparted during a Linux run state. I'll give the Parted Magic a shot.