Find the answer to your Linux question:
Firefox 3.6 won't print with cups. I'v found on this ore other forum a sollution But is there a better one. I must add the line gtk-print-backbends='lpr,file" in the /etc/gtk-2.0 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

firefox only print to file

Firefox 3.6 won't print with cups.
    I'v found on this ore other forum a sollution But is there a better one.
    I must add the line
    gtk-print-backbends='lpr,file"
    in the /etc/gtk-2.0 in the file gtkrc.
    But hen i can only print to the default printer.
    Then i have to do lpoptions -d printername to set the other printer default.

it is good for now but looking fort better solution.

welcome to the bleeding edge

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I have the same problem with Firefox on CentOS 5.4 (KDE 3.5.4). I print to a PDF and then print from there. If you find out how to fix that, I'd certainly like to hear how! I've had this problem in all versions from 2.1 to 3.0.16 which I am running now. Maybe we all need to beat up on the Mozilla team to fix this cruft! Talk about "testing", NOT!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just out of curiousity how many processes are running? I had the same problem with 3.5, the print function is just a huge memory hog. So I would do what rubberman did, otherwise when I would hit print firefox would just crash and burn.

However it would randomly behave. I found more system resources were available printing worked like 50 percent of the time.
    Last edited by scathefire; 02-08-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: i forgot my whole point

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    My fox doesn't have any problems printing, but whatever is in the print queue as a result keeps generating errors. I'm too impatient to dig into the whys and wherefores about it since every other application prints just fine, so I can only gripe about Mozilla not performing proper due dilligence in their print output on Linux.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    yesterday i did a fress install of suse 11.2 and installed my epson alc900.
    But all the programs send it to the print queue but the page come out and was empty. so i looked to the error file of cups and see this
    W [01/Feb/2010:19:52:06 +0100] [Job 62] *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/alc900.filter: double free or corruption (!prev): 0x080bc008 ***
    I tried many things. But when i did a upgrade of ghostscrips the printer prints.
    But only firefox now give the same error. So i think ther is a problem wit ff and ghostscripts