Find the answer to your Linux question:
Installing flash player on Slackware 13.0 and Firefix 3.5.7. Instructions say: Unpackage the file. A directory called install_flash_player_10_linux will be created. I get no directory made and a file libflashplayer.so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

flash player install instructions problem

Installing flash player on Slackware 13.0 and Firefix 3.5.7. Instructions say:
    Unpackage the file. A directory called install_flash_player_10_linux will be created.

I get no directory made and a file libflashplayer.so built. Tried twice same result.
    Can someone enlighten me on a) what is going on and b) how to continue as the instructions say to go to the directory built and run the install command.
    I unpackaged in /root/Desktop as it asks to be unpackaged on the desktop.

This is the download from Adobe's website? I've never installed the 32 bit from that, but they distribute the 64 bit in a binary like that.

Try just sticking libflashplayer.so in ~/.mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

are you sure you got the instructions right?? that file does not create a directory but a file, what you need to do is to execute that file, i dont know about slackware but in debian you do something like this
    first give permission
    chmod +x yourfile
    and then run it
    ./yourfile
    this will install flash on your system

Linux User
    Me bad. Forgot to state that I have to use the non-binary file. That is why it claims to make a directory and yes it was downloaded from the home page. Been too busy to get back to this but will be trying again just for drill and see if the outcome is the same. Will come back in a day or 2 and let u know.