Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi to all, I have a CENTOS server with Samba installed and a share with about 2 TB of various files (pdf, word, excel, text file, jpeg). I'm looking for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Search engine for Samba

Hi to all,
    I have a CENTOS server with Samba installed and a share with about 2 TB of various files (pdf, word, excel, text file, jpeg). I'm looking for an application can help to search quickly inside this large archive.
    The better solution could be a web interface where each client (normally a windows XP client) could do a search... Do you know something like this?

Thank you very much for your help!!

not sure how much control you are wanting to give, but there is always webmin

Webmin
    linux user # 503963

Just Joined!
    With webmin they could do too much...
    I need an application can index the file stored in file system and can look inside the file for indexing. The top is if this application has a web based search tool...

I don't know if you can understand my very bad English!

Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by LeoB View Post
    With webmin they could do too much...
    I need an application can index the file stored in file system and can look inside the file for indexing. The top is if this application has a web based search tool...

I don't know if you can understand my very bad English!

Thank you again!
    Have you tried Google Desktop? You can add or remove folders to index. If your file server is mounted, you may add it to the Google desktop search and indexing.